Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fear Journal

The fear that was the most frightening to me when I was younger was the fear of robbers or intruders entering my house at night while I was asleep. I would try my best to fight this fear my making sure all our doors to our house were locked at night and I always made sure my door was shut at night. The sounds I heard outside my house at night were the most terrifying. Often the closing or opening of a car door or the occasional conversation of people outside would make me uneasy. The occasional windy night, or a violent thunderstorm would escalate this fear. This fear disappeared quickly as I became older, however looking back i'm not embarassed to have had this fear because its a realistic fear that occurs everyday around the world, often to innocent, unexpecting people. This fear of mine relates to Golding's novel in that fear makes people do things that they wouldn't do under normal circumstances. Fear could've played a major role in the chaos that took place on the island. This chaos becomes more understandable to the reader when you realize that while under the influence of fear your rational thinking quickly vanishes.

6 comments:

  1. Jakob! That's kinda funny you were afraid of robbers living in new richmond but i suppose it could happen anywhere. That sure would be a scary thing if a robber broke into your house! ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i understand Squazniack, Chestnut Drive is one of the most dangerous areas of The Dirty NR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, i used to have this fear too when i was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya i remember when i used to live on Chestnut Dr. it was crazy. My next door nieghbor always creeped me out and was always roaming the streets late at night. Also, I understand why you would be afraid of robbers when you were a little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah dude, when you lived in the ghetto all your life like I have, you have to be aware of that kind of thing! Er' night I'd hear people on the stoops chasing out those robbers off their property, so it's a legit fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this same fear when I was younger

    ReplyDelete